Various adventures in daily life and other documented ‘mini-trips’ are listed below.
- Nerves at the Starting Line - Sep 19, 2010
- Learning as we go - Sep 20, 2010
- Getting into the groove - Sep 21, 2010
- A Recharging Day - Sep 22, 2010
- Sheltered from the rain - Sep 23, 2010
- The joy of enduring weather - Sep 23, 2010
- A night to remember - Sep 24, 2010
- Short trip homesick - Sep 25, 2010
- Changing course: heading into Leelanau - Sep 26, 2010
- Sleep, baby, sleep - Sep 29, 2010
- Riding Beside Lake Michigan - Oct 1, 2010
- Morning Routines - Oct 2, 2010
- A strong finish - Oct 2, 2010
Lake Michigan 2010
An 18 day bicycle tour around Lake Michigan which evolved into a 14 day meander around Michigan’s northwest region. Our first real long tour as a family of four.
- Heading Into the Wind - Sep 4, 2010
Between the Lakes: Labour Day Weekend 2010
A three-day bike camping tour between Lake Ontario and Lake Erie over the 2010 Labour Day long weekend. Cool weather, free camping, and an incredible time as a family.
- Testing the waters: an S24O in Southern Ontario - Jul 19, 2010
- A Daddy/Daughter Mini-Tour: Byng Conservation Area - Sep 19, 2009
An S24O, or a ‘sub-24-hour overnight’ is a trip designed to provide a bicycle touring experience close to home when you don’t have the time to take a longer trip. We like the concept, but find a strict 24-hour rule to be challenging with kids, so these are a few of our ‘one-nighters’.
- Our first family wilderness canoeing journey - Jul 14, 2009
- Traveling and Resting - Jul 15, 2009
- In the Wilderness, pregnant and with a 2 year old - Jul 16, 2009
- New Friends & the Wildlife We Saw - Jul 17, 2009
- Food and Fishing - Jul 18, 2009
We took our first family canoeing adventure in the fall of 2009. This week-long expedition into the Algonquin wilderness in Ontario was a lot of fun, and full of learning experiences.
- A toddler bike touring adventure - Sep 13, 2008
- Rain, Rain, Go Away - Sep 14, 2008
- Better Weather - and a Ferry Ride - Sep 15, 2008
- Camping for free - Sep 16, 2008
- Hills to our Hotel - Sep 17, 2008
- Rest Day! - Sep 18, 2008
- Into Ontario farmland - Sep 19, 2008
- Free breakfast and fresh beer - Sep 20, 2008
- Back to Hamilton - Sep 21, 2008
Subury Bike Tour 2008
Our first major bike tour after we officially became a ‘family’. Over 8 days in September, 2008 we cycled from Sudbury, Ontario back to our home in Hamilton, covering around 650km with our 16-month-old daughter Eden.